Some other general tips to consider when choosing your carpet color
- If you have a pet, consider choosing either dark or light colour to match your pet so you don't have to vacuum as regularly.
- Always consider re-sale value of your home. Generally more muted neutral tones will be more likely to match a wider range of tastes and décor.
- You don't want the carpet to be the first thing you notice when you enter a room, so if you are choosing a colour or pattern that is overwhelming everything else in the room, you will have trouble living with it in the long term.
- If you are replacing both the carpet and the wall paint, chose your carpet first and wall paint colour second. There is an unlimited array of paint colours available, whereas you may be more restricted by your carpet colour choice.
- If you are unsure, a rule-of-thumb is that you don't want more than 3 colours in each space. This includes the paint colour, carpet and any soft furnishings such as curtains.
- Texture & carpet type will also affect how the carpet feels in the space. Sisal carpet will feel less luxurious, while plush will feel cozy.